The SQL Editor is used for building and running SQL against your database.
- you can type an SQL statement into the text box and click on Run (to display the data), or Export (to export the data).
- UQT has Intellisense to help build the query. This will show the column / table lists as well as SQL keywords.
The left panel has a number of items to help manage your query:
- You can open and save queries.
- Queries are saved on the server so can be opened if you run UQT on a different PC or device.
- You can Chart your data or build your query in the Query Builder
- Recent Queries gives a handy list of the queries you have recently opened / saved against this database
- Recent Tables gives a handy list of the tables you have recently queried
UQT maintains a history of the queries you have run.
- this is saved (indefinitely) on disk between UQT sessions
- history information includes response message plus elapsed time. This makes it easy to locate the SQL you are interested in
The Build Query items in the panel provide a number of simple tools for building a query
- Select Columns allows you to select which columns will be in your query
- Add another Table provides you with a helper for joining to another table
- Add Where provides you with a helper for adding a Where clause
A more comprehensive query builder is available in the Query Builder.
Run SQL Script
You can run an SQL script consisting of multiple action statements
- there are a number of options for the delimiter used in the SQL scripts
- UQT will stop if it hits an error